Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

Music is an important aspect of my daily life. Like how food, water, and rest are essential to survival, music must be added to that list in order for my daily survival. To me, music is much more than an organized collection of sounds. I believe it is a whole different language and I use it communicate to others without words (as I do not sing well). Music, if played in the correct context, will set the mood. It can turn up the party that extra notch or wind it down and help one relax. One’s emotion can be well transmitted to the listener without even saying a word and that’s what I find beautiful about music.

My musical background extends to my youth back in New York City starting with the piano. That was the first instrument I learned to play. At that moment when I was able to start playing simple songs, I felt that I could change the world with what I was playing. Today, that statement of changing the world is a bit of a stretch but I do think that I can change the mood of whoever shares a musical moment with me. That is why I attend AiLV to further my skills in the audio field so that I can help myself and others depict the emotion they feel through music.

No comments:

Post a Comment